As a reminder, these are the aspects of grassroots operations that might merit improvement to increase our capacity:
- Enhance leadership skills for increased leader effectiveness
- Increase accountability for leader responsibilities
- Increase clarity of leadership roles and expectations
- Enhance staff support across more chapters and councils
- Stronger succession planning
- Enhance collaborative internal culture
- Increase number of “How to…” trainings (e.g., How to motivate, delegate, facilitate,, etc.)
These are the things you can do to help your chapter or council run more smoothly, effectively, and efficiently. How might you do that? Each of the bullets below will reveal a resource you can utilize to affect change.
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Bring accountability on board
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your board
- A refresher on what the different TU chapter/council positions do (Hint: check out Chapters 4 and 5)
- What does the NLC and my state representative do?